The IRC contributes to teaching and training of students at Ghent University in various ways:
- PhD training:
- at present, about 120 PhD students are preparing a PhD thesis in the IRC labs
- each year, about 10 PhD degrees are obtained by IRC members
- Master training: each year, about 30 students graduate with a Masterís degree in IRC labs
- Other training: each year, several students from Universities outside Belgium (in the framework of the Erasmus program) and from higher education institutions outside the University stay in the IRC labs for a stay from a few weeks to a few months
- Teaching: IRC members are teaching theoretical courses and organizing practicals in the Bachelor, Master and Postgraduate schools of Ghent University.